New Member Orientation 2021
We are so excited that you have recently joined the Gulf Coast Association of REALTORS®!
Per the GCAR and NAR Bylaws, new members must complete New Member Orientation within 90 days of joining or the first date available. (See Bylaws Below)
Due to the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, all New Member Orientation classes are currently online.
New Member Orientation is now being offered virtually via zoom every other month. This is a live class with a live instructor. Dates and links for registration for New Member Orientation can be found on the homepage of our website, www.gcarealtors.com. Members are required to register for and attend one of these classes within 90 days of joining the association. Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to join the class.
- Important Notes:
- Class begins promptly at 8:30 am, so please be logged in and ready before class starts. We recommended joining class 10-15 minutes early to allow us time to work through any technical difficulties.
- To receive full credit for the class, you must have your video turned on the entire class, and you must log in with your full name. You are able to use a smartphone or tablet to join the class, however, for the best experience, we recommend a laptop or desktop computer.
- As a courtesy, please keep your microphone muted throughout the class unless you are actively speaking or participating. This helps to reduce other background noises.
- Any class materials you will need will be emailed to you prior to the class date.
- The class will last until approximately 12:00-12:15 pm with a break.
Section 4. New Member Code of Ethics Orientation.
Applicants for REALTOR® membership and provisional REALTOR® members shall complete an orientation program on the Code of Ethics of not less than two hours and thirty minutes of instructional time. This requirement does not apply to applicants for REALTOR® membership or provisional members who have completed comparable orientation in another association, provided that REALTOR® membership has been continuous, or that any break in membership is for one year or less.
Failure to satisfy this requirement within 90 days of the date that provisional membership was granted will result in denial of the membership application or termination of provisional membership.