GCAR Committee Work Groups
GCAR is introducting Committee Work Groups in 2018 and instead of 3 main committees, we have created work groups that will be tasked with specific projects or events that fall under the categories of Governmental Affairs, Public and Community Relations and Professional Development.
Serving on a GCAR work group is one of the best ways that you can contribute to your association and help accomplish this mission, and at the same time gain something for yourself. Committees are a way to connect with fellow REALTORS® and affiliates, build relationships for your business, help promote the REALTOR® brand, be a voice for REALTORS® in the local government, provide education for REALTOR® growth, and to serve the community by advocating for private property rights and educating them on home ownership opportunities.
If you are interested in serving on any of the work groups below, please return this Volunteer Form.
Government and Political Affairs Division-
Gerard Maher, 2018 Chairperson
Christina Burks, 2018 Co-Chairperson
Ashley Endris, 2018 Director Liaison
- Broker Round table Events: Volunteers needed to: Help plan the events, secure location, identify potential local political speakers, and promote involvement in local brokers.
- Dueling Pianos Event: Volunteers needed to: Plan event, secure location, secure sponsorships/ funding, volunteer at the event, and promote the event and sell tickets.
- REALTOR® Party Vote Initiative (Voter Registration): Volunteers needed to: Plan voter registration activities and volunteer at Community Outreach Events.
- RPAC Fundraising: Volunteers needed to: Raffle for RPAC (Secure raffle item and sell and promote) Major Investor Fundraiser ( Plan event, secure location, secure funding/sponsors, secure influential guest speaker, and contact Major Investors)
Public and Community Relations Division -
Amanda Cumberland, 2018 Chairperson
Regina Warren, 2018 Co-Chairperson
Sandi Pickard, 2018 Director Liasion
- Beer and Wine Fundraiser: Volunteers needed to: Plan event, secure sponsorships, secure vendors, volunteer at the event, and promote the event and sell tickets.
- Annual Fall Food Drive: Volunteers needed to: Secure location, organize volunteers, promote the event, volunteer at the event, and distribute goods to local charities.
- Community Outreach: 2018 Events: Home and Garden Show and Junior/Senior College Day. Volunteers needed to: Volunteer at the event, setup and breakdown of the GCAR booth, and secure materials and “goodies” to hand out.
Professional Development Division -
Pat Burgoyne, 2018 Chairperson
Thad McIntyre, 2018 Co-Chairperson
Janye Robinson, 2018 Director Liasion
- Membership Meeting: Volunteers needed to: Identify potential guest speakers, plan a REALTOR® Safety event or demonstration and Promote membership meetings to membership.
- New Member Orientation: Volunteers needed to: Assist with set up and break down for the event, volunteer at the event, meet, greet, and welcome new members, and assist in any other necessary tasks to make the event successful. Dates are March 6, June 12, September 11, and December 4.
- Education Classes: Volunteers needed to: Assist in identifying potential classes to benefit GCAR members.
- Broker Roundtable Events: Volunteers needed to: Help plan the events, secure location, identify potential local political speakers, and promote involvement in local brokers.