New Member Orientation and MLS Basic Training 2021
New Member Orientation: New Member Orientation is now being offered virtually via zoom every other month. This is a live class with a live instructor. Dates and links for registration for New Member Orientation can be found on the homepage of our website, www.gcarealtors.com. Members are required to register for and attend one of these classes within 90 days of joining the association. Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to join the class.
- Important Notes:
- Class begins promptly at 8:30 am, so please be logged in and ready before class starts. We recommended joining class 10-15 minutes early to allow us time to work through any technical difficulties.
- To receive full credit for the class, you must have your video turned on the entire class, and you must log in with your full name. You are able to use a smartphone or tablet to join the class, however, for the best experience, we recommend a laptop or desktop computer.
- As a courtesy, please keep your microphone muted throughout the class unless you are actively speaking or participating. This helps to reduce other background noises.
- Any class materials you will need will be emailed to you prior to the class date.
- The class will last until approximately 12:00-12:15 pm with a break.
Section 4. New Member Code of Ethics Orientation.
Applicants for REALTOR® membership and provisional REALTOR® members shall complete an orientation program on the Code of Ethics of not less than two hours and thirty minutes of instructional time. This requirement does not apply to applicants for REALTOR® membership or provisional members who have completed comparable orientation in another association, provided that REALTOR® membership has been continuous, or that any break in membership is for one year or less.
Failure to satisfy this requirement within 90 days of the date that provisional membership was granted will result in denial of the membership application or termination of provisional membership.
MLS Rules and Regulations:
Section 17. MLS Orientation
Any applicant for MLS participation and any licensee (including licensed or certified appraisers) affiliated with an MLS participant who has access to and use of MLS-generated information shall complete an orientation program of no more than eight (8) classroom hours devoted to the MLS rules and regulations and computer training related to MLS information entry and retrieval and the operation of the MLS within thirty (30) days after access has been provided. Applicants who do not satisfy this requirement will be denied services until such requirement has been met, and will be subject to discipline as prescribed in the Rules and Regulations of the Service. The training program cost and penalties to be determined by the Board of Directors of the Mississippi Service. The training may not be more than eight classroom hours. (Amended 6/18)
Participants and subscribers may be required, at the discretion of the MLS, to complete additional training of not more than four (4) classroom hours in any twelve (12) month period when deemed necessary by the MLS to familiarize participants and subscribers with system changes or enhancements and/or changes to MLS rules or policies. Participants and subscribers must be given the opportunity to complete any mandated orientation and additional training remotely.